Light Show Gloves, Poi and Light Graffiti!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Light Show Gloves, Poi and Light Graffiti!

This is a place for Light Show artists to meet as a community.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2010 POST-DRAFT REPORT, by selection order.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

qiheitiann

PITTSBURGH O’s:
As Thursday night turned into Friday, it was a clear, crisp, sun-splashed morning and the Good Friday Holiday. And the Big O had a little extra hop in his step. But that was because this was Fantasy Baseball draft day. It was 19 years ago that Big O, John Stasko, Harv, myself and four others gathered at Laura Ott’s mom’s cheap jerseys from chinahouse and wrote players names on poster board taped up against the living room mantle. I’m not sure who O took with his 1st round pick on this day back in 1992 but here’s another Déjà vu moment in Pittsburgh O’s history….. #5 of the St. Louis Cardinals hit the majors in 2001 and the rookie was not drafted in the NPL,

2010 POST-DRAFT REPORT, by selection order. Albertpujols1

but he soon showed he was the real deal and in May of ’01 the Pitt O’s made him a waiver claim (discovery). Pujols was on the NPL winner inblackhawks jerseys 2009 (Bulldogs) and Larry wants him to have two in a row. The O’s have a nice roster of help to do it and in an Ooooo and Ahhhh moment, the O’s pulled the trigger on Andrew McCutchen on the first selection of round 7, the 61st pick overall, and he joins his old running-mate Nyjer Morgan, now of the Nats.

VULCANS:
The Vulcans led by Roy Halladay should be heard from in 2010, and Curtis Granderson may have a huge year with the short porch at the new Yankees Stadium. Lots of speed on this roster, and heck, they may challenge the Owls for themiami heat jerseys Stolen Base title in ’10. If Jose Reyes comes back to form after injury and Jimmy Rollins avoids the slow start, this could by the top shortstop group in the NPL. It could have been the assistance of the Laptop, and most likely the 24 oz. Miller Lite’s, but Rich left Kennedy’s liking the chances of the 2010 V’s.

69’ERS:
The Niners went a little off the charts with their 2010 draft. It was A-Rod, Miguel Cabrera and then bring on the pitchers… The next 10 picks (round 3 thru 12) knocked off and cleaned up the 10 man pitching staff. I think I heard Harv say…. “That’s finishes off that shitty position, Piff.” Some other area had to take a back seat due to the run on pitchers, and the OF position was completed with rounds 23 through 26, custom made jerseysbut Piff figures there will always be some solid OF’ers available through the waiver wire. The 69’ers will also have to watch when those DH types (Matsui, Burrell, Griffey) go on the road to the N.L. during inter-league play, and keep an eye on 13th round pick, catcher Kurt Suzuki. This under-rated 26 year old catcher from Hawaii had 88 RBI’s last year and may really ready to break out in 2010.

KOOPERSTOWN KIDS:
With the Big Daddy Deferment, I was another team that moved up one spot in the draft. With CBS Sportsline projecting Ryan Howard to go 46-144, I had to go with the Big Fella…. And speaking of big fella’s, if 18th round pick Kyle Blanks doesn’t make it in baseball, maybe he has a future as a Tight End in the NFL. The dude is 6’ 6” and goes 285. Was even wearing #88 in spring training. Blanks is just one of several young guys I’m hanging my hat on in 2010. By hey, at least this year they are all starting in the majors!!

And oh yeah...... That Cincy Reds player pictured on the website article is named Don Blasingame. A good field - light hitting 2nd cheap jerseys
baseman who played for four teams from 1955 to 1966. His "autograph" was on the baseball glove I owned as a kid. Geez, I can remember this kind of crap, but can't remember important stuff from a week ago!!

The BIG TRAIN:
As Bob makes Chase Utley the #1 pick of the Train, it is now three Phillies drafted out of the first six players taken overall. It was a real steal to get CC Sabathia with the 16th overall pick and when Ian Kinsler comes back, the top 2nd base position may belong to the Train. For having catchers taken in rounds 12 and 22, Russell Martin and Chris Iannetta are two good ones. Is 26th round pick Andy LaRoche just a caretaker of the #2 3rd base position for the B.T. until Pedro Alvarez gets the phone call from Neal A. Huntington???? Bob’s Assistant General Manager was not happy that he missed out on Cutch, but round 21 brought home “The Legend.”
2010 POST-DRAFT REPORT, by selection order. Legene
H-BOMBS:
Taking a page out of the 69’ers book, the Bombers went early and often on Starting Pitching. But first we have round 1. Big Daddy deferred from the 3rd spot back to #6 and grabbed Evan Longoria….. Back on March 9th, new baby boy Evan Longoria Schoming was born to John & Heather. And keep in mind that 2010 is an “even” numbered year. Back in 2006, Big D had Albert Pujols on the squad. Kylee Pujols Schoming was born that same year and the H-Bombs won a championship. Will history repeat itself in 2010 – baby born, same middle name of the H-Bombs star player, and an NPL title in the bag?

LOCKHORNS:
Before the festivities got under way, we had Harv and Big Daddy exchanging pleasantries. I have not been so shocked by a change of cheap nfl jerseysallegiance since Sgt Slaughter teamed up with the Iron Sheik and supported Iraq during the Persian Gulf War of the early ‘90’s…..

2010 POST-DRAFT REPORT, by selection order. Slaughter2
But that’s just me….. The ‘Horns were extremely happy to get Hanley Ramirez with #7 overall, followed by Adrian Gonzalez (the future Red Sox) at #2 and Ryan Zimmerman at #3. H also likes his top three SP’s in Ubaldo (or, as Harv calls him – “Ubangie”) Jiminez, Liriano, and Clayton Kershaw, a young guy who held opposing batters to a .200 batting average in ‘09. And with Harv’s track record of finishing in the top 5, who am I to disagree?

ROCK CATS:
The Raven going 8th, took #8 of the Brew Crew Ryan Braun….. Does Braun’s fan club go with him too….
2010 POST-DRAFT REPORT, by selection order. Braun
John switched up his strategy in 2010, as a team that usually gets premier Starters early, the Cats first two pitchers were in rounds 8 and 10. But if Tommy Hanson avoids the sophomore jinx, he may be something special. Keeping it all in the family, both Upton brothers are Rock Cats in ’10 as Justin went in round 5 and big brother B.J. came on board 11 rounds later. Another top pick was Tulo in round Two.
2010 POST-DRAFT REPORT, by selection order. Tulo
OWLS:
It looks like the running Owls are back. Speedy lead-off hitter types abound and you gotta love the best catching tandem in the NPL this year in Joe Mauer (round 1) and V-Mart (round 3). Those picks sandwiched Tim Lincecum at #2. But keep an eye on Ricky Nolasco (round Cool and Jorge De La Rosa (round 13). They both have a chance to be the pitching break-out stars of 2010. When round 6 comes, just pencil the Owls in for a Closer. This year was no different; it was the first one off the board in Jonathan Broxton of the Dodgers.

Hey also……. John has announced that as he is now in a permanent home again back in the North Hills area, he would like once again host a Mid-Season, All-Star Break Wednesday Night Live NPL Pick-Up at his new home, also known as the New Owls Nest. Further details to come, but mark that Wednesday on your calendar.

BULLDOGS:
As we now know, in 2009 the Bulldogs draft selections made them look like Ken Jennings during his epic "Jeopardy" run.
2010 POST-DRAFT REPORT, by selection order. Ken-Jennings-jeopardy-391126_489_305
And if a draft strategy works, why change it? Getting the wrap-around picks of #10 and #11, the Bulldogs came out and nailed it with Mark Teixeira and Prince Fielder. Power Bats are what the Dawgs are all about and they continued in rounds 3 through 7 with Mark Reynolds, J-Bay, Zobrist, Choo and Hawpe. They are then looking for Matt Garza to be this year’s Zach Greinke. Ben Zobrist, the much talked about player during the pre-draft discussion could end up at 2nd base, which would a big bat at that fairly weak position, but for now T & E are “getting’ Figgy wit it”, as Chone mans one of the 2B spots. And as the draft played out on Friday night, Tony & Eddie had a little extra help at their table…….
2010 POST-DRAFT REPORT, by selection order. 2010+draft+4
Okay let’s get this season going…… Looking forward to 2010.
http://nexonhacked.canadaboard.net/t57-2010-post-draft-report-by-selection-order

http://www.nfl2us.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum